Thursday, February 14, 2013

STATEMENT OF PURPOSE



Hello this is my first post on what I plan to be a blog dedicated to film criticism and discussion.  This is my third blog.  The first one being www.xanga.com/rgdinmalaysia dedicated to my poetry and the second one www.rgdinmalaysia.blogspot.com about music and politics and miscellaneous other topics.  My books of poetry and novels can be found on publisher’s website here www.rajbooks.com .

A few film thoughts….

1.) A few years ago when I had only one blog I tried to make a list of my favorite films.  The result is here http://rgdinmalaysia.xanga.com/683521476/the-big-list---my-favorite-100-movies/ but I’m not very happy with it.  I left out a lot of films so a future post will attempt this again

2.) My favorite film is TAXI DRIVER (hence my layout photo). 

3.) Favorite actor is Marlon Brando. Also dig Robert de Niro (when he was younger), Joseph Cotten, Gene Hackman, Vincent Price, Dirk Bogarde, Michael Caine, Terence Stamp, Burt Lancaster, Robert Mitchum, Cary Grant, Jack Nicholson

4.) Actresses are a trickier proposition as films were and often still are geared towards male leads but here goes – Gena Rowlands, Jean Simmons, Deborah Kerr, Catherine Denueve, Teresa Wright.

5.) Not a fan of Stephen Speilberg (other than JAWS), Woody Allen, Quentin Tarantino.  Perhaps my dislike for their films will be topics for future posts.

And away we go….



No comments:

Post a Comment