Friday, October 24, 2014

TWO FILMS - GODZILLA, X-MEN:DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

(Back to blogging at least for the time being.  Hubs was a wash-out.  Still looking for a new job)

A little bit of catch-up on some movies I’ve seen.  These are two of the better movies I’ve seen this year....

GODZILLA

Great fun although it does take a long time to get going and really teases the audience with the reveal of the big guy (who does look great).  I like the fact he can show facial expressions much like earlier Godzillas'.  It feels more like a 70's disaster movie at times than a Godzilla film.  The climax just kicks ass all over the place.  A great big orgasm of a film.




X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

A near perfect two hours of superhero action coupled with a brilliant classic storyline. The DAYS story in the comic book is fairly complex but the movie did an excellent job of making necessary changes to fit it into a two hour movie. Some of the best action scenes I've seen in a superhero movie. In the running as the greatest comic book movie of all time....But what I as a child of comic books and a lifelong fan geeked out on the most was the appearance in the credits of Apocalypse, the villain in the next movie. He is easily my favorite X Men villain and one of my favorite Marvel characters of all time.




No comments:

Post a Comment